See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

making chicken alfredo for 130 people
Heather
01/05/15
I need some help on how much to buy. Having a graduation party for our daughter and she wants chicken alfredo. How much do I buy of everything to accomplish this?
ellen
01/05/15
Look at the spaghetti dinner for 50-60 at the bottom of the spaghetti page. Assuming these are mostly teens and therefore big eaters, for 130 do 2 1/2 to 3 times the quantities. To translate the whole chicken into meat, you would need about 12 pounds on skinless, boneless chicken meat for each recipe, so about 30-36 pounds all together.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a dime or quarter per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

ellen
01/05/15
The alfredo style sauce on the spaghetti page holds well.
gilbert
01/10/15
making chicken alfredo for 300 people
Hello! Love this site. I'm helping a friend cater his (very informal) 300 person wedding. He has requested some form of an Alfredo with chix plate. He has 400.00 for food. Is this possible? He will have 24 tables with 8 pp per table. Plated........He wants to use fancy disposal plates and utensils. Do you have any suggestions
ellen
01/10/15
No, it is not possible to feed 300 people chicken alfredo for $400. It is not possible to do popcorn and beer for $400. Wedding cake alone usually charges out at $4 or so per person.

A minimum for a plated dinner, and I mean bare bones, skillful shopping, experienced crew, not counting beverages and set up (plates, etc), would be around $2400, simple, buffet service. Plus 12-16 servers at about $125 per person.

Gilbert, your friend will either have to find plenty more money or switch to a 1 pm wedding with a cake reception. My suggestions would be to get the bride involved, cut the guest list way down, give up the idea of a plated meal, and do some local pricing to get a more realistic idea of what might be possible.

You or your friend can use the contact link at the bottom of the page to have a private email discussion if you wish.

Gilbert
01/20/15
ok Ellen,
I took your advice and got the bride involved. Money is not an option.
They are expecting 200 and would like me to cook for 300 plated. I am only doing the food and am torn between a breast plate with simple sides, or pasta and chicken (Garlic Cream Sauce). I can make something similar to Alfredo using a Bechamel sauce. Im thinking Grilled chicken breast sliced and tossed with some Veg Bowtie pasta and diced tomato with some green, either Sliced green onion or parsley (they want garnish). He is handling waiters and drinks will be self serve on tables. (per request) Any Ideas.

I have a steam table and with 4 900 pan inserts 2 extra large slow cook warmers
1 small bbq grill

Gilbert
01/20/15
I need help with amounts

chicken
Pasta
veg

vs

Chicken Breast
Veg
Starch

Gilb
01/21/15
Please excuse the typo......Money is not a problem.
I do know about 80lbs of Breast will yield 200 servings for a breast plate. I feel perhaps 80lbs would be enough for a pasta with Chix option for 300.
ellen
01/22/15
Here is a standard chicken alfredo for 100 persosn, 1 1/2 cup serving (you would need 1-2 more things on the plate, bread sticks, roasted veg, salad, etc

ken Alfredo with Vegetables

Grande Classic® Malibu Blend
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on pinterest_share Share on email Share on print
Ingredients

1 ľ cups Olive oil
18 Ľ lbs. Chicken breasts, sliced into strips
4 cups/3 ˝ qt. Alfredo sauce
3 ˝ cups Shredded parmesan cheese
4 Tbs. Salt
4 Tsps. Ground black pepper
56 lbs. FLAV-R-PAC® Grande Classic Malibu Blend
(Broccoli, Bias Cut Carrots, Cauliflower, and Bias Cut Yellow Carrots. )
1 ˝ cups Sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
˝ lbs. Parsley

Directions

In each of two large skillets, heat half of the oil. Add sliced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Heat until hot.
Add 1 gallon of water to each of 6 large stockpots and divide the FLAV-R-PAC Grande Classics Malibu Blend Vegetables among the pots. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove lid, stir to separate vegetables and drain. OR Steam vegetables in a pressureless steamer (2 1/4 bags per slotted, full steam table pan) for 4 minutes. Divide cooked vegetables into 6 hotel pans or large containers.
Divide chicken and heated sauce among cooked vegetables and gently toss.
Mix gently and serve. FOR INDIVIDUAL SERVICE: Plate 14 ounces of Alfredo Chicken with Vegetables over pasta and garnish with sundried tomatoes and parsley. FOR VOLUME FEEDING: Fill hotel pans with hot Alfredo Chicken. Arrange sundried tomatoes and parsley around the edge of the pan.

Yield:100 (12 ounce) Entrée Servings

Approx 18 pounds dry pasta per 100.

LaVonne Weich
09/23/15
making chicken alfredo for 100 people
I am serving chicken alfredo for 100 people. Approximately how many pounds of chicken breasts do I need? I am also serving a vegetable, salad, garlic bread, and dessert.
Rachel
10/29/15
making Chicken Alfredo for about 40-60 people
Hi I am giving my husband a surprise birthday party and so far 40 people are coming but invited 60 how many pans and chicken breast do you think i would need??? I am also having salad and cake as well!!

Thanks!!

Rachel

ellen
10/30/15
If 60 are invited, plan for at least 50.

About 18 pounds of pasta, 1 quart sauce per pound, 1 pound raw boneless chicken breast per 4. How about making 1 dish with just veggies in case you have any vegetarians among the guests?

cynthia
11/22/15
Do you have a recipe for alfredo sauce? Or what would you recommend using instead of making the sauce?
ellen
11/22/15
There is a recipe for Alfredo style sauce for 100 that holds and is not full of melted cream cheese. Push the spaghetti page button and read down.
Theresa
03/07/16
Making chicken alfredo & spaghetti for 200 people
I know how to cook everything I am cooking and thanks to the previous comments I know how much, but my problem is when to start cooking everything. The party starts at 1:00 PM. When do start cooking and how do I keep it warm, until the party?
ellen
03/07/16
making chicken alfredo for 200 people
Theresa, if you read the section on boiling large amounts on the spaghetti page, you will see that you have to bring very large amounts of water to a boil- at up to 20 minutes per gallon- and can only use the water twice before starting a new pot- so, figure out how many and what size pots, how many burners, and then count backwards-

Frankly, I would consider making it all the day before and casseroling it- much less demanding day of.

I am doing a fundraising campaign to remodel the kitchen- please go to ellensbigpots.com and make a donation. Thank you.

JOAN HASELL
06/18/16
chicken alfredo recipe
ellen
06/20/16
I use the alfredo-style sauce on this site. About 20 pounds dry pasta for entree size portions for 100 served buffet style; 1 quart sauce and about 1 1/3- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken meat for each pound of pasta, and 1-1 1/2 pounds assorted cut up veggies.Make at least one tray meatless for any vegetarians.

Now I have a favor to ask of you. For years, I've been helping make weddings & other large events a success and I've loved every minute!
We've got major changes in the works to remodel EllensKitchen.com- in order to fund the new website, better searches and more help for your events, we need to raise nearly $20,000 within the next three months!
Even if you can only afford $5-$10, every penny helps! Thanks again.

Kasandra
07/09/16
making chicken alfredo for 160
Im considering making my own food for my wedding. To try to keep cost down. I love chicken Alfredo and have made it before homemade. But how can I get exact amount of everything I need for that many people.
ellen
07/19/16
Do 1 3/4 times the alfredo style for 100 on this site, at least 24 pounds pasta and 40 pounds boneless chicken breast.
warren
09/12/16
I work for the Girls and Boys Club and they would like to have a party for 200 with chicken Alfredo as there main. I am needing some help on a large quantity of Béchamel sauce for the recipe. Can you help me?
ellen
09/12/16
For pasta casserole, I generally figure 1 quart per dry pound of casserole, and I strongly suggest you casserole this dish- pasta cooked just al dente, reheats more easily, holds better. Make at least 2 pans/20 servings vegetarian, you will have some non-meat eaters in the crowd. I suggest you use the alfredo style sauce on my spaghetti page, it holds much better than a true Alfredo, with gummy cream cheese.
Fran
10/19/16
making chicken alfredo for 40people
Amount of chicken ..chicken and broccoli to buy..and sauce
Marie
12/04/16
making meatloaf for 100
Ellen, how many lbs. of meat for meatloaf for
100 people, and how many servings does each pound
make?
ellen
12/07/16
At least 25 pounds ready to serve- for generous party servings, 2 slices, you get 3 people to pound or slightly thinner, 4 per pound. ground meat shrinks at least 1/4.
Beth
01/10/17
How much chicken Alfredo would be I need to make for about 24 people? How many pounds of pasta and how many pounds of chicken?
ellen
01/11/17
Beth is this the entree course or a side dish? Write back.
Monica
03/17/17
making chicken alfredo for 150
I'm making Chicken Alfredo for 150 ppl. Need to
Know how much Pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, broccoli, salad and 🍞 sticks I need!!
ellen
03/20/17
making chicken alfredo for 150 people
Use the spaghetti dinner for 50-60 at the bottom of the spaghetti page as a quantity guide, do 3 times the amounts, including the chicken. Sub in the Alfredo style sauce for 100 (do 1 1/2).

If the broccoli is mixed in, about 22 pounds tops/florets, if served separately, about 33 pounds

Monica
03/20/17
IM Making Chicken Alfredo for 150 ppl.. How much ssauce & broccoli do I need??
ellen
03/21/17
Monica-, see your answer just above.
Xena
04/06/17
I'm needing to know how much pasta and chicken I need to feed 125 ppl.
ellen
04/07/17
Xena, it depends on the dish, but fir approximate guidelines, see the spaghetti dinner for 50-60 at the bottom of the spaghetti page. If it is plated for adults, you would do two times the amount if it is self serve or teens/young adults, do 2 1/2 times the amount.
yaritsa castadeña
04/21/17
how much money do i need to make chicken alfredo for 160 people
ellen
04/21/17
I can't price for you, too much regional variation, local sales, etc. Take your list to a few different sources.
Sintia Rodriguez
04/30/17
making chicken alfredo for 30 people
God bless you...wanted to ask you im trying to make the pasta for 30 people how much chicken and pasta i am going to need?
Laura
05/22/17
making chicken pesto pasta for 130 people
Hi, would like to make pasta with pesto sauce and chicken and artichokes and sundried tomatoes (cold) for 130 people. How much do I need?
ellen
05/24/17
Sintia, sorry I missed this, you may have figured out that 1/3 the amount for 100 is plenty for 30, on the spaghetti page.
ellen
05/24/17
Laura, it depends on the age and gender of the crowd and what else is being served. I am going to assume this is the principle dish with maybe just bread and salad, for 130 mixed adults.

It is also not clear if this is a pasta side salad? In which case, you would need about half the amount.

pasta- 24 pounds
pesto sauce- about 1 pint per pound (will just coat- not juicy)
chicken-28 pounds skinless boneless
artichokes- 2-3 ounces frozen, chopped, per person, depends on taste and budget
sundried tomatoes- I recommend Bella San Lucia at Costco- non-GMO-2 pounds 3 ounces per jar- 1 pound per 6, so you would do 10 jars.

Hope this helps. If I have saved you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation to support the site Thank you.

Christine Arias
05/28/17
Where is your spagetti page? Im interested in your no cream cheese alfredo recipe. I have sub it with tofutii ,also a garlic, wine with capers sauce. I have also pre cooked every thing adente even the chicken to avoid drying out. When heating up it cooks through. What are your thoughts on cubbing the chicken and pre mixing it into the sauce day of and then scouping it onto the warmed pasta?. Where can I find your spagetti page for your recipe.
ellen
05/29/17
The button is at the top of the main forum cook talk page.

It is unsafe to partially precook chicken. You must take it to 165 to make it safe, and that is cooked.

It is perfectly safe to cook and serve over the past instead of casserole style.

Cierra
06/20/17
making chicken alfredo for 200 people
I am so confused right now. I am making chicken Alfredo for 200 guest. I need to know exactly how many pounds of chicken breast and how many quarts of sauce and how many pounds of noodles.
ellen
06/21/17
Read the spaghetti page and look at the Alfredo style sauce,.

You want 20 pounds of pasta and 20 pounds of boneless, skinless, chicken per 100. 1 quart sauce per pound of pasta.

Isela
08/02/17
making chicken alfredo for 60-90 people
How Many Pounds Of Chicken
Pasta
And Alfredo Sause Do I Need??
Please Help
ellen
08/03/17
Read the spaghetti page and look at the Alfredo style sauce. The spaghetti dinner for 50-60 at the bottom of the page will give a general guide for amounts- 50 buffet style or 60 plated.

You want about 20 pounds of pasta and 20 pounds of boneless, skinless, chicken per 100 adults. 1 quart sauce per pound of pasta. That is 2 pounds each pasta and boneless skinless chicken and 2 quarts sauce per 10. If teens or college age, about 50% more.

elsa
08/16/17
for 200 how many boxes of farfalle and portions for alfredo sauce please for 200
ellen
08/17/17
As main courses, 2 pounds each pasta and boneless skinless chicken and 2 quarts sauce per 10. If teens or college age, about 50% more. So for 200, 40 pounds pasta and 40 quarts=10gallons sauce.
Stacey
08/22/17
First off, love what you are doing and thank you! I am catering a wedding for 100. Buffet style. I will have a salad bar, pasta bar, assorted breads, and hot coffee/tea/cocoa. I really could use advice on pasta bar. Two types noodles, spaghetti and fettuccine, 2 sauces Alfredo and marinara, small meatballs, and chicken, fresh parmesan, and parsley for garnish. There will be 2 servers at this table. What quantities do I need? And how to not have mushy pasta?
ellen
08/22/17
Stacey, thanks. It sounds like this is new for you, and I must caution that a wedding reception is the MOST demanding of all catering assignments, and pasta for 100 is harder than, for example, a chicken and rice dinner. Please read the entire spaghetti page for cautions and tips.

Also, how are you planning to cook and reheat the noodles? They wont hold nicely unsauced/naked, unless you slightly undercook and reheat. So you wll either be saucing them ahead or reheating, and for 100 people you would need 2 serving areas f reheating, not one.

Please read the spaghetti page, consider at least one baked/casseroled pasta dish, and write back.

Scott
09/03/17
Vodka rigatoni
Going to make vodka rigatoni for a wedding reception for 100. How much pasta and sause will i need?
ellen
09/03/17
Scott, what is the rest of the menu? It matters. Write back.
Bonnie
09/11/17
making a vegetarian Alfredo pasta side dish
I am trying to figure out how much Alfredo sauce I will need to make a vegetarian Alfredo pasta dish. This is a side on a buffet that will include 2 meats, vegetables, salad, rolls, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ellen
09/11/17
Use 1 quart sauce per pound of pasta and use 12-20 pounds of pasta depending on whether you want a true little side dish or a plateful.
Marilyn
09/12/17
making chicken fettuccini for 200
Hi. We are doing our son's wedding. Can you give me the amounts of chicken and noodles and sauce that I need to buy?
Thanks in advance
Marilyn
ellen
09/12/17
Please look at the spaghetti page for lots of coaching. As discussed above:

As main courses, 2 pounds each pasta and boneless skinless chicken and 2 quarts sauce per 10. If teens or college age, about 50% more. So for 200, 40 pounds pasta and 40 quarts=10gallons sauce.

Do make at least 1 pan meatless, as you will have some folks who don't eat meat or chicken. Veggies are good here.

If his saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation to support the site.

We are having a Christmas party for 300 kids and parents Need to attempt to keep under $850. Can I do this with chicken Alfredo? We are only paying cost of food.
ellen
10/03/17
kids 10 and under basically count as 1/2 adult for counts. Can you give me any idea of the adult/kid split?

Have you considered doing an Italian style Christmas party? Most kids like red sauce pasta better than whites, and it costs less.

For lowest cost, good bread, salad, and some veggies help with lowering costs.

Do make at least 1 pan meatless, as you will have some folks who don't eat meat or chicken. Veggies are good here.

I have tried to work on this, but I need more info. Please write back with more info. You could star a new thread.

Jay Pettus
10/17/17
making chicken parmesan for 100 people
Id like to know about how many pounds of chicken breasts i would need for chicken parmesan? Approx 100 guests
Jay Pettus
10/17/17
making chicken alfredo for 100 people
Im also making chicken Alfredo with broccoli.. do you have any suggestions for both??
ellen
10/17/17
I always allow at least 1 pound boneless skinless breast per 3 for cutlet type dishes, but 1 pound per 4 is plenty for casserole type dishes. I pound my breast cutlets to even thickness.
Katarina Riemer
02/12/18
Spaghetti for 200 guest
Hello I am making spaghetti for my wedding reception and I saw that for about 200 people I would need 40lbs of pasta. I was wondering how much red sauce I would need. Also I am not crazy to believe that making Alfredo would cost more money then spaghetti correct? My fiancee is convinced that it will cost about the same if we do half and half of the pasta types. Thank you!
ellen
02/12/18
Katherine, for a party this size, if you are set on pasta, I urge you to go with pasta casseroles rather than standard spaghetti, as the holing and serving s quite difficult with loose pasta. Alfredo costs about the same as red, usual split is 60/40 red/white. I have an Alfredo style recipe on site. 1 quart sauce per pound of pasta. And if this is entree and no meat options separate, 24 pounds per 100.

However, if costs are an issue, please consider NOT doing a dinner. A 2 pm wedding with a cake reception to follow can be beautifully extravagant for quite a bit less than a cheap dinner would cost, and is easier to set up and offer. A dinner this size requires 3-4 people who are not in the wedding party in the kitchen and another 12+ out front to set up, serve and clean up- hired help. A reception requires about half that much help, further reducing the costs. Read my article
www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/wedding.html

Remember that your guest is spending 200-500 to come, by the time they do gifts, outfit, travel, etc. Whatever you choose, it can be beter than cafeteria food, and you MUST HAVE HELP!

You can write back.

Leola Pete
02/17/18
making chicken alfredo for 300 peoples for a weddi
I'm making Chicken Alfredo for 300 peoples for a wedding
Need recipes and to Know how much:
Fettuccine Pasta, boneless chicken breast, Alfredo sauce
Caesar Salad
Veggie Meddie
Fruit tray
Dinner rolls or bread sticks
Ice Tea
ellen
02/20/18
This is a huge party, you must have a meatless entree option for non chicken eaters. At least 30 servings.

All of these are in the plan for 100 lists and you can figure them.
Caesar Salad
Veggie Medley
Fruit tray
Dinner rolls or bread sticks
Ice Tea

For the fettuccine, first read all the info on the spaghetti page

You will be working with 60 pounds boneless chicken, 36 pounds dry pasta, 1 quart sauce per pound, but you also want herbs, maybe veggies.

Lorian
04/25/18
making chicken or shrimp alfredo for 100 people
I want to personally take the time to say thank you kindly for all of your time & efforts in helping each & every one of us to achieve our cooking goals for our large groups of guests. This forum has been most helpful for me. More so than any of the other sites as I’ve spent countless hours combing through in efforts to achieve my nearly impossible goal of having my dream wedding for $4000-$4500 with 100 guests.

With that being said, I’m luckily having an evening wedding at private members only lake with a beautiful ballroom nestled in front of the overlooking lake for little of nothing. But my 3 biggest challenges have now become 1) DIY Decorations, 2) Flowers, 3) last but not least THE MENU. Hence the reason why I’m seeking your advice as to what would be filling, affordable, & delicious. My fiancé would love Shrimp Alfredo & possibly gumbo (if I can get my family from Louisiana to volunteer to make the gumbo as a wedding present) but what appetizers (if affordable & necessary) should I do & what other sides?
* Note there will be possibly 15-20 children all under 14 there along with the 75-100 expected adults. Also, I might add we’re all, minus may 5 ppl, from either Southern Louisiana or Southern Mississippi (raised with class & manners). Hence the reason why why I’ve chosen an Elegant but Rustic theme wedding.
Again, Thank you kindly for all your wonderful help & time.
God Bless, Lorian :)

Diane
06/05/18
making chicken alfredo for 115 people
I would like to make penna alfredo. invited 150 to a party but am having other things.
I am having italian sausage, chicken, potatoes, salad and rolls.
how much sauce and pasta and hicken would I need to buy ? DO I need to make enought for 150 or can i cut down?
ellen
06/05/18
With a chicken entree, consider making a plain or veggie alfredo, you don' need another meat dish and it would serve as an entree for any vegetarians , so they don't have just potato and salad.

With the potato, I would do about 10 pounds of dry pasta and about 1 quart of sauce per pound, or about 2/3 the alfredo recipe on the spaghetti page. Lots of help there.

You can write back. If I save you time,trouble, or money, please make a donation to support the site. Thanks.

Amy Beck
09/30/18
making chicken alfredo casserole for 70 people
I'm going to use your alfredo sauce for our scout banquet. I'm going to make this the day before as a casserole . Are the portions of pasta and sauce the same? What's the best way to reheat to keep it creamy?
ellen
10/07/18
Reheat covered in the oven. About 1 quart sauce per pound of dry pasta. Make one dish meat free for any vegetarians, label it.

You can write back. If I save you time,trouble, or money, please make a donation to support the site. Thanks.

Pam King
12/20/18
making chicken alfredo for 10 people
Making Chicken Alfredo for 150 people with tossed salad of mixed greens and bun; how much boneless chicken to buy and what vegetables go the best in this dish and how much should I get for the vegetarians? Also how much mixed greens should i buy for 150 and buns? this is for a new years eve event 12/31/18
ellen
12/24/18
For veggies in the alfredo, chopped broccoli, peas, tiny cubed carrots, mushrooms. Use the alfredo for 100 on the spaghetti page and increase times 1 1/2. This will make about 8 steam pans. Add NO chicken to one pan for the vegetarian dish. For 150 people, about 30-35 pounds chicken meat, cooked before adding.
PLEASE read the spaghetti page. Water takes about 20 minutes per gallon to boil for pasta.

18 pounds of rolls, get good ones. 4-5 pounds of butter

For salad, use the plan for 100 page, do 1 1/2 times the amount for 100.

This is a light meal unless you add at least one more dish. For simplicity's sake, what about roasted veggies? 34 pounds ready to cook

If his is a paid gig, or I have saved you time, trouble or money, please make a donation to support the site.

Chanin
01/16/19
making chicken alfredo for 175 people
Can you please tell me how much heavy cream and Parmesan cheese is needed to make alfredo for 175 people. Thanks
ellen
01/16/19
Chanin, true Alfredo is just about impossible for ths size crowd. See the spaghetti page for an Alfredo style that will hold and the page will give you all the info you need on prepping this large a pasta meal.
ROSE
02/12/19
TELL ME HOW TO MAKE chicken alfredo for 150 people
ellen
02/19/19
Rose, as said in this thread often, true Alfredo is not practical for 150. PLEASE read the spaghetti page.

For veggies in the alfredo, chopped broccoli, peas, tiny cubed carrots, mushrooms. Use the alfredo for 100 on the spaghetti page and increase times 1 1/2. This will make about 8 steam pans. Add NO chicken to one pan for the vegetarian dish. For 150 people, about 30-35 pounds chicken meat, cooked before adding.
PLEASE read the spaghetti page. Water takes about 20 minutes per gallon to boil for pasta.

Reheat casseroles covered in the oven. About 1 quart sauce per pound of dry pasta.

18 pounds of rolls, get good ones. 4-5 pounds of butter

For salad, use the plan for 100 page, do 1 1/2 times the amount for 100.

This is a light meal unless you add at least one more dish. For simplicity's sake, what about roasted veggies? 34 pounds ready to cook

Vivian Brown
02/26/19
Making chicken spaghetti for 100
We are trying to save some money for our wedding and instead of catering we thought we would try to get the family involved in making pans of chicken spaghetti but I have no idea where to start as far as how much it will take to make them to estimate cost.
ellen
03/06/19
Please forgive the delay. My car was totaled during my trip home from Mother's memorial service and this us my first free day at home.

For 100 people, you want 12 9x13 pans of spaghetti, involving about 130 pieces of chicken (16 whole chickens or 70 leg quarters cut up). a pound of pasta and a quart of sauce and about a half pound of cheese per pan. Make one pan meatless for any vegetarians in he group.

Bread, dipping oil, salad, roasted veg (about 34 pounds ready to cook). Antipasto style appetizers. Pleasant affordable wine such as Trader Joe's Moonx red blend or sparkling Freixnet brut prosecco.

Hope this helps. You can write back. If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation to support this site. Thank you.

DC
03/12/19
Condolence
Deepest condolences on your mom. Wishing you peace, love and comfort during this difficult time.
Hope you your car replaced. God bless.
Joy Paz
11/04/19
making chicken alfredo for 75 people
Making penne pasta with chicken and vodka sauce, salad and ripe plantains, for a fundraiser at church. I was thinking 20 pounds of pasta...please advice on all amounts. Thank you!
Trish
11/04/19
making baked chicken alfredo ziti for 100
Giving my parents a 70th wedding anniversary and want to prepare food for 200 people. menu will be 2-3 pans of baked Chicken Alfredo Ziti , 2-3 pans of ground beef baked Ziti and (1) pan of Meatless Baked Ziti, green salad, bread sticks, wedding cake and tea. How many of the large size aluminum pans you get from Sam's will it take of pasta to feed 200 people? Also can you give me a recipe with quantity size for the Ziti Pasta dishes? I want to prepare Ziti for 200 people. Thank you
ellen
11/05/19
Joy, 20 pounds of pasta will make at least 150 servings.

Each pound will take 1 quart of sauce, 1 pound to 1 1/4 pound of boneless chicken. About a half cup of Parm to top, if you use that.

The spaghetti page has precise help for cooking and reheating large amounts of pasta, there are good hints, please read.

ellen
11/05/19
Trish, to do main dish pasta for 200, you will be about 24 pounds of pasta as your base.

Each pound fills a 9x13 pan, will take 1 quart of sauce, plus 1 pound to 1 1/4 pound of boneless meat. About a half cup of Parm to top, if you use that.

The Sam's club full size foil pan when full holds just over 4 9x13 pans. For your size crowd, 3 pans each, not 2, to be sure of no running out. And they are HEAVY when full! you MUST put a sturdy cookie sheet or jelly roll pan under each to move into and out of he oven, or risk having i bend and collapse on the floor.

Also, if refrigerated, the pans take up to an hour n a preheated oven to reach 165 (safe heat) the middle of he pan. Do check with an instant read thermometer before serving.

Do calculate HOW you are going to ge hem all hot with your available oven space. Remember if you decide to use preheated electric roasters for reheating, that plugging in 2 on he same circuit will blow he circuit. That usually means they have to be plugged n in different rooms...

The spaghetti page has precise help for cooking and reheating large amounts of pasta, there are good hints, please read. www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/sphagetti.html

My Alfredo sauce for 100 and a recipe for mozzarella sausage pasta are on that page and can be used as guides to adapt your preferred recipes. If you want, you can post the recipes you have calculated and I will check them before you cook them.

You can write back. If I have saved you time, trouble or money, please make a donation to support the site. Thank you.

Martha Sessoms
02/02/20
making chicken alfredo for 250 people
How much Alfredo sauce for 250 plates of chicken Alfredo how much pasta and chicken thanks hope you can help me
ellen
02/02/20
There is a tested recipe for alfredo for 100 on the spaghetti page, about 1/2 way down:

www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/sphagetti.html

Each pound of pasta will take 1 quart of sauce, 2-3 cups add ins-pound of boneless chicken is cups. About a half cup of Parm to top, if you use that.

The spaghetti page has precise help for cooking and reheating large amounts of pasta, there are good hints, please read.

You can write back. If I have saved you time, trouble or money, please make a donation, a nickel or dime per plate, to support the site. Thank you.

Rhonda
06/04/20
making chicken alfredo for 60 people
We are giving a shower with approxiamately 60 people and serving lasagna and chicken alfredo.
How do I determine how much chicken alfredo to make?
ellen
06/08/20
Depends on how much lasagna. a 9x13 pan of either serves 6 to 8. So you are looking at 10 to 8 pans total. At least one meatless. For example, 5 red lasagna, 2 white, 1 veg and 2 pans of alfredo. And remember the family would not mind Italian dinner if some is left...
Keren
09/14/20
want chicken alfredo for 250 people For a wedding
How much do you think it’ll cost for 250 guest at a wedding for chicken Alfredo?
How much pounds of ingredients would it be?
ellen
09/22/20
Keren, are you wanting the cost for the whole meal or just he casserole? How much you need depends on what else is being served, but even a self catered wedding reception dinner is 10-20 per person PLUS cake (1200-2000) and beverages (1000 and up). And 250 requires hiring a commercial kitchen and crew day of.:

Write back, but do read this onsite article first

www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/wedding.html

Johnnie
07/26/21
How much spaghetti meat sauce to serve 25 people
Patsy
07/20/22
making chicken spaghetti for 150 people
How much spaghetti noodles, how much chicken, and how much cream of chicken
Sherri
03/12/23
making chicken alfredo for 250 people
Can you help with how much ingredients I need to feed 250 people chicken alfredo. And how much does that usually cost
Juana Escobedo
04/11/23
making chicken alfredo for 200peopl
Catering for 200 people ---- chicken alfredo
Esther
07/31/23
making chicken alfredo for 100people
I am catering Chicken Alfredo for 100 people, the event is a father daughter ball.
How many pounds of each, Raw chicken breast, dry noodles?
Uncooked mixed vegetables do I need? And,
How many cups of Alfredo sauce will I need
I'm also adding garlic toast
And serving trifle for dessert.
Edna Jones
09/10/23
making ground chicken alfredo for 130 people
Would like to feed 100 people an Alfredo meal using ground chicken or turkey. I will also be serving an in-expensive
Edna Jones
09/10/23
making ground chicken alfredo for 130 people
Would like to feed 100 people an Alfredo meal using ground chicken or turkey. I will also be serving an in-expensive green salad and bread slices. Just concerned about cost but for our 50th wedding anniversary, thank you
Lynn
01/10/24
anniversary's dinner plan on feeding 100 people
chicken alfredo.
how much pasta and chicken would i need
Lee
03/18/24
Making chicken alfredo and lasagna for 80 people
How many full chafer pans do I have to cook for lasagna and chicken Alfredo for 80 people?
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)