Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
punch
Elaine
08/16/11
Wedding for 120 at 2 pm in August.
1 46 ounce can apricot nectar, 1 46 ounce can pineapple juice, and 2 liters of gingerale with 1 tablespoon of almond extract. Can I use white grape juice or apple juice in place of pineapple juice? Bride does not like pineapple.Can I freeze all but gingerale so it will be a slush like punch?Would it be better to add a lemon or limeade for the sour you talk about? If so how much?Does 10 gallons sound about right? Will not have fountain,and will have a couple of bottles of diet gingerale.
ellen
08/16/11
Yeswhite grape or apple or for a tangy tendency white cranberry, all fine. I like lime better than lemon for basic punch mixing. If you want slushy, work in a few packages of lemon or apricot jello, dissolved, before freezing the base. 10 gallons is about right for 100 if you have a warm day or no other main drink, so you may want a bit more.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design