Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Making Italian sodas for 100 people
Dixie
08/09/11
Wondering how much ice, flavoring, half&half, club soda and whipping cream to buy?
ellen
08/09/11
Is this one glass per person as for a dessert, or are people going to have several? What size glass? Also, will there be choice of flavors, and if so what? Both affect quantities. Write back.
Dixie
08/09/11
Yes, it is only one glass per person. The glasses are 12oz. We will be offering two flavors, raspberry and black cherry.
ellen
08/09/11
Thanks.
1 quart club soda per 3 (you will have some left, depending on ice)
1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 per 5-6 (some people don't take cream)
1 cup (8 ounces) syrup per 4
2 tablespoons whipped cream per person (that is 1 tablespoon before whipping, but I suggest you consider the real whipped cream in the spray can.)

Mix the 1/4 cup (2 ounces) syrup and 3 tablespoons 1/2 and 1/2 in a tall glass. Add carbonated water and ice until the glass is full. (if you mix the ingredients in any other order, the milk may curdle.)

You need at least 4 people mixing, as they can take a minute each to make.

Consider buying the syrups at a place you can return the unopened bottles, as the flavor preferences are quite unpredictable. I suppose it might be 60-40 raspberry to cherry, but it is wildly variable.

Dixie
08/09/11
Thank you so much for the information. I am planning on buying the whipping cream in a can.
Do you know how many cans I should buy? Also wondering how many bags of ice to buy.
ellen
08/09/11
Look on the can for the number of tablespoons, divide by 2, that is how many sodas the can will top.

Ice, you need about 1/2 cup per person for the glasses, about 40 pounds per cooler for the ice chests. The soda water needs to be cold when you construct the sodas.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design