Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
How much for 100
Rene
08/08/11
I am making BBQ'd bacon wrapped chesnuts for 100 and I have no idea how much bacon or chestnuts to buy or how many per serving. Other appetizer that I am not making is Jalapeno poppers. These are the only things we are serving as Appetizers, and the meal will be brisket/chicken/potato salad/baked beans and fresh fruit plus a dessert. I dont have to fix anything but the chestnuts. Could you please help me, its for a church group. Thank you.
ellen
08/09/11
Yes, you will want to have 3 chestnuts per person, and each one takes 1/2 strip bacon. But if I were you, I would make bacon wrapped dates as well and do 2 chestnuts and 2 dates per person. Pitted dates, 1/2 strip per date.
Rene
08/09/11
Eck...thats alot of bacon... :) thank you looks like I'll be fixing it all day long. Appreciate the info! I have never personally had the dates but I have seen them in a cookbook I have from Antigua. I think I will try it. How many chestnuts are in one of those little cans? How many cans should I buy? I have never seen a big can of those.
ellen
08/09/11
I have no idea about the cans, you will have to buy one and check.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design