Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Mexican Party!
Emily Bender
05/29/11
Hi, I'm having a graduation party for a 150 people. We're having taco's and we're wearing how many pounds of meat you'll need to feed that many people! :) Thanks!
ellen
05/29/11
Hi, Emily,
On the taco bar/potato bar page, you will find measures for all the toppings for 100 people for tacos- just use 1 1/2 times that amount.
Amy
06/01/11
According to your recommendations, I need 30 heads of lettuce for the taco bar I am planning. Our local "club" store sells 2.5 pound bags already shredded. Any idea the conversion on that? Also, if I end up needing to buy additional heads to get enough, can I shred that in a food processor or will it brown up on me? And how far ahead could I do that? Thanks!
ellen
06/02/11
For just topping, you only need 2 ounces per person. If you are expecting people to make some salad also, allow 4.

Yes, shredded lettuce browns. Shred into a bowl of fruit fresh in water, then drain and it will hold a day or two.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design