Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
snack mix
Lynelle
05/12/11
Hi Ellen, I'm hosting a retirement party for 160 people. I have 3 hours before dinner when beer and wine will be served. There will also be 5 hours after dinner that people will be drinking alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. I know not everyone will come at once or stay the whole time so I have no idea how to plan for snacking. I was only going to buy a snack party mix to munch on, but I don't know how to begin to estimate how much to buy. I don't know if it matters, but there will be a band for 4 hours as well. Can you help?
ellen
05/12/11
Hi, Lynelle,
This is a big event, as the band and dinner indicate. For the 3 hours before dinner, I would suggest you really beef up the offerings; with liquor being served this is very important. I would do at least a fruit tray, a cheese tray and one or 2 dips or spread with crackers or chips:
fruit tray, deluxe fruit tray for 100, do 1 1/2
cheese tray, 20 pounds assorted, some can be logs or spreads, 8 pounds crackers
one or 2 dips or spreads, total 3 gallons
crackers or chips for this, 10 pounds

After, How about 10 pounds of snack mix, 10 pounds of M&M's and 10 pounds of mixed nuts? You might consider also, small cookies, 2-3 per person. In addition plan for dinner level coffe the last hour, and stop serving alcohal the last hour.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design