Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
cookies for 400
Jodi
04/11/11
I've been asked to cater a ground breaking ceremony for the city where there will be 400 ppl in attendance. They would like cookies-probably sugar and chocolate chip, coffee, lemonade, iced tea and the necessary cups/napkins. Also, they asked if I could make some sort of decorative "cookie-centerpiece or cookie tower" that won't be eaten-just for decor. Three questions-how do I figure out the pricing for this, how many cookies should I actually make, and how much of each drink do I need to make sure I bring? I will have to rent some drink cambros and large coffee urns, as I do not have enough in my own inventory, so that is another factor I will have to charge them for. Thanks!
ellen
04/11/11
Jodi, as I have explained elsewhere, this is a site for family and volunteer cooks, as I cannot be responsible for pro/paid cooks and caterers. I suggest:
chef2chef.com
cheftalk.com

Yes you need to include rentals as a billable item, and you MUST have event liability insurance. You will also need a half dozen or more servers to set up, stock and clean up the event.

If this were an unpaid event, I would tell you that the coffee depends on time of day- use the morning coffee amounts before noon, the dinner coffee amounts after noon. 6 gallons tea and 4 gallons lemonade per 100, and make sure at least 1/4 is unsweetened. 4 types of cookies/bars, 3 bite size, allowing 1 of each per person, with about 20% extra for the brownies.

The cookie tower is interesting. Here is how to do a google search for some inspiration:

Go to
type in "cookie tower" in quotes
when the results come up, go to the left hand column and click on "images"
Lots of possibilities...

ellen
04/12/11
That was supposed to say, go to google search.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design