Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
cooking on a glass flat top stove
jodi todd
02/24/11
i just purchased a maytag schott ceran flat top stove and i am wondering if there is a setting to stop the burner from heating up and then shutting off ect.ect.,is this how they work?how do i regulate the heat?
ellen
02/25/11
No. They work by cycling off and on, sensing the temp of the bottom of the pan. Tiresome, isn't it?
Jodi
02/25/11
why is it with my 50 year old coil stove it takes about 5 min. to boil a medium pot of water and my brand new high tech ceran schott flat top takes 16 min. is this right or is the new stove not working right
ellen
02/25/11
You have a normally working smooth top stove. Sad, isn't it?
jodi todd
02/26/11
it is very sad ellen thanks for the help i bought it used so no manual it is a maytag i hate the way it works so bad but it is so beautiful i can't let it go please tell me that i can use my glass teapot on the warming burner.
ellen
02/26/11
Yes, on the warming burner. You can probably also get a manual download online at the manufacturer.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design