Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Wedding Reception
Kayla
01/27/11
My family and friends are helping me prepare a meal for 300 guests at my wedding reception. I have the menu which I will list below, but I am a little lost in the amounts of things I need to purchase. The wedding isn't until June so I have plenty of time and plenty of help. The menu is as follows:

BBQ
Potato Salad
Green Beans
Baked Beans
Chips & Pretzels
Veggie Tray - tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, celery and carrots
Fruit Tray - Strawberries, pineapple, grapes and watermelon

Any ideas on a ball price figure for this many people and the menu. I appreciate any suggestions!!

ellen
01/28/11
For a party this size, served buffet style, day-of you will need about 5 people in the kitchen and about 20 to set up serve and clean up. You will need 6 serving lines, 3 full appetizer areas with punch (for the hour between the service and the meal, while you do pictures, etc), 3 beverage stations, and at least one dessert area in addition to the cake.

I would probably put these items on the nibble table:
Chips & Pretzels
Veggie Tray - tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, celery and carrots add dip
Fruit Tray - Strawberries, pineapple, grapes and watermelon
The amounts for these items are covered on the fruit tray page the veggie tray page, and the plan for 100 page

I would put these on the serving tables:
BBQ
Potato Salad
Green Beans-plan for 100 page
Baked Beans
and I would add rolls and bread, pickles and onions and sandwich condiments (sandwich event page), and at least one more interesting salad, such as an Italian antipasto-style pasta salad. I would also add a bowl of egg salad for vegetarian guests.
I might also add a vinegar slaw if it is pork BBQ.
All these amounts are covered on the BBQ and brisket page except as noted.
$12 per person not counting cake and beverages would be your lw-end estimate.

Kayla
02/02/11
Thank you!!

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design