Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Thanksgiving Dinner
Edward Bolt
09/14/10
Ellen;
I am hosting a thanksgiving dinner at our church on thanksgiving day. We are looking to feed 150 homeless, widowed, single, and anyone who can't cook. I have no idea what it would take in amounts required for serving this many people. I need it simple to cook. I figure 8ea 20lb turkeys will be fine for the meat. How many potatoes do I need for mashed potatoes? How much stuffing do I need for the stuffing? How much gravy do I need. I figure 250 rolls for 2 rolls per person would be okay. Please help me figure this out.

Ed

ellen
09/14/10
Ed, these questions are so frequently asked at this time of year that I have written a whole section on the community Thanksgiving dinner, see the top section on Big Pots. First read the Hosting a Community Feast article, then the planning and shopping article, and you will be well on your way.

Then you can write back with your esiamtes and any other questions.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design