Pantry

Kitchen Gardens

Resources and Reviews

Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Schulte-ufer gastro SUS Germany stock pot (6 qt)
Pat
08/28/10
This afternoon I purchased a shulte-ufer stock pot at Marshall's. I tested it to make sure it was ok for induction cooking; it was, so I washed it out and boiled ears of corn for dinner. It worked very well on my induction cook top. I put it in the dishwasher and to my dismay the tempered glass lid shattered into a "million" pieces. Nothing hit it and it didn't bump into anything in the dishwasher. I guess I can go and complain to Marshall's, but my concern is that it might have done damage to my Bosch dishwasher (the best dishwasher I've ever owned.) I can't seem to find a company website, German or otherwise, that will let me get in touch with costomer service. Has anyone else had a glass lid shatter in the dishwasher? Or has anyone had experience with Schulte-ufer? or damage to a dishwasher because of glass in the drain? Your input means a lot to me. Thanks, Pat
ellen
08/29/10
I would call my dishwasher repair person and get them out to clear the drains. Some of the European models have rather complex insides.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design