Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
planning a Rotary fund raiser bbq ribs, coleslaw,
pat
08/28/10
I would like advise on cooking for 700 for our fund raiser. The menu will be spare ribs, coleslaw and baked beans. Is there a book published for event planners this size?

Thank you for your help,Pat

ellen
08/29/10
At 700 you are way out of the range of amateur cooking, and I do have a page or two about it, but it requires skill, experience, and LOTS of facilities and people; for example, you are talking about buying, transporting, and safely cooking and serving over half a ton of food. about food safety, which everyone involved should read, and I suggest the article on self catering your wedding dinner to help you with organizing.

You may also need a single event license or permit from your local health department.

There are also some articles on this site

www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/serve500.html

I would also suggest you add potato or pasta salad, as with just the beans and slaw you would have to allow 1 pound raw ribs per person; about 3/4 if you add bread and a starchy salad.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design