Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Orange Dijon Chicken for Crowd
Baba
07/17/10
I am planning to make your chicken for a buffet (300 people) and was wondering if you can add heavy cream afterward or something to make it a little less orange flavoured and to richen it up a bit. Have you ever tried this? Also, what fresh herbs would you recommend sprinkling on top to make it look more appealing in the warmers?
ellen
07/17/10
Second first, chopped fresh parsley and basil and a LITTLE bit of fresh mint in it.

I would not use cream. Make the recipe, taste it; if you want it less orange-y, substitute a great, full strength chicken stock for the regular orange juice at the end.

Baba
07/17/10
Thanks for your quick response to my email. I will take your advice and do a test run before we make the amounts needed for the buffet. Do you have any other make-ahead chicken dishes for a crowd this size? I haven't come across any others. I think make-ahead is the only way I can handle serving a crowd this size as we're having roast beef, roast potatoes, rice pilaf, steamed veggies, and 3 salads. Also, just so it's clear in my mind, since there are 3 salads I would basically plan to make enough of each salad for 120 people? Thanks again Ellen. You are a life saver!

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design