Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Wedding for 400
Heather
07/13/10
I am cooking for my son's wedding. The menu is beef tips, chicken breasts, rice, potatoes, green salad and pasta salad. Would you use a bottom round roast? Last time I used chuck roast and it cooked down to shreds. Would 120lbs of bottom round roast and 100lbs of chicken be enough? I am serving the rice and mashed potatoes in 4" lg chafer pans. Does 1 lg pan feed 100? Would I need 2 of each (potatoes and rice) or more?
Thanks so much Ellen!
ellen
07/14/10
These pans are usually considered to serve 50.

I would use top round or top sirloin. I allow 2 pounds raw bonless for each 5-6 people PLUS 1 pound of boneless chicken for each 4, and that is a minimum.

Please read my article on wedding dinners and plan for/ hire enough help, including an experienced kitchen manager for day of. For a party this size that's at least 5 kiychrn people plus manager, plus 204 servers. The article discusses why.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design