Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
HELP! Burnt my wife"s copper tea kettle
dead man
07/05/10
HELP! I was trying to boil water for noodles on my electric stove and I turned on the wrong burner. When I returned to check on my water my wife’s antique copper tea kettle was almost glowing white hot. Now that it has cooled, it is a light black color with a LITTLE bit of copper showing through. My wife said she will refrain from killing me if I can make it look normal again. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help.
veggiesmurf@gmail.com
ellen
07/06/10
You,re in trouble. Go to a metal working shop, where they do rebrassing, polishing , etc, and let them work on it; there is no home remedy.
linda
10/05/10
the rebrasing is the best, but you can try this as well..cut a lemon in half,pour salt onto the lemon and rub gently onto the copper..no it will not harm it...the acid cuts the tint and the salt helps it do that...

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

© Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design