Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Appetizer Chicken Kabobs
Kate
03/31/10
I am making meat only appetizer chicken kabobs that I will marinate, grill with a brushed on sauce. It is for about 50 - 70 people in June for a 3 hour party. Question: Should I grill all of the skewers at once before the party and place in a roaster or cook 1/2 of the amount before the party and then 1/2 mid-party? I am concerned about the safety of the chicken and if they will dry out if all cooked at once before party.
ellen
04/01/10
Yes they will dry out if cooked all before the party. Also, you want to try to cook up/serve just 2 hours-worth at a time for safety sake.
Kate
04/02/10
Meatballs
I am also going to server sweet and sour meatballs. I am buying pre-cooked meatballs from Sam's Club. What is the best way to cook the meatballs? Do I simply add them to the crockpot/roaster and add the sauce or should I bake them so that they are browned and then transfer to a roaster? Will I have any quality and/or safety issues with the 3 hour party timeframe for meatballs?
ellen
04/02/10
Heat the sauce on the stove top. Prepare the meatballs to serve in the oven per the package instruction. Mix, place in a roaster preheated for at least 20 minutes to 180. keep covered except when serving. Will be safe for the 3 hours, as long as the temp stays there. Roaster should be at least 1/2 to no more than 2/3 full. Dont keep adding meatballs to the same pan; change out the pans.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design