Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
How much spinach salad?
Allie
04/21/09
I have a great recipe for a Strawberry Spinach Salad that I want to serve at my son's graduation party. It's the only party that evening so we are planning to serve a total of about 250 people. They will also have a choice of potato salad for salads so not everyone will take a serving. One recipe calls for 6 c. spinach and 2 c. strawberries ++. How much do I need to serve?
ellen
04/22/09
For each 8 servings you need two bunches of spinach (about 12 ounces or 10 cups)and 3-4 cups of strawberries and about a cup of dressing. I would plan on enough for 200, but assemble and dress it as needed.
Allie
04/23/09
The party starts at 6:30 Friday evening. Do I dare clean the strawberries, spin the water off them, and package them in Tupperware on Wednesday? Or will they get mushy? Bottom line is can I do it before Friday because Friday will be so busy with other stuff.
ellen
04/23/09
I would not do before Thursday night. If It is a problem, consider using blueberries and adding slivered or praline chopped almonds- no slicing and stems and a little more unusual combo.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design