Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
22qt. Rival roaster oven
tom
12/16/08
Ellen, Can I warm a precooked chicken in this roaster like I would in a oven? The pkg. of the chicken said to put the oven at 350 for 5 min. per lb.. Thanks
ellen
12/16/08
Yes, you asked this already and I answered, there are so me precautions, see the original post.
MaryAnn
03/13/09
cornbeef and cabbage
I'm having my family over for St Patrick's Day on sunday since i have to work on Tuesday. I need to do all my cooking on saturday I usually make my cornbeef , cabbage and potatoes, and carrots, in my pressure cooker a few times. And it gives me time to make Irish soda bread. any suggestions for heating up my sunday meal Thanks MaryAnn
ellen
03/13/09
I would do the corn beef , chill and slice. Save the broth. Day of, bring broth to a boil, pop in the potatoes and carrots, cook 40 minutes. Add cabbage. Layer on the meat slices which will sort of steam on top. Everything hot and nothing MUSHY- much better than cooking all ahead and reheating all.
Sue
10/15/09
Can I freeze prepared chili macaroni casserole in the electric roaster oven pan and then thaw and re-heat it a couple months later?
ellen
10/15/09
Yes, BUT you need to thaw in the refrigerator anyway before cooking, and several gallon zipper freezer baggies will freeze and thaw faster and be MUCH easier to store.
Jewel
06/16/10
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post.

I need to make sausage gravy for about 160 men. My problem is limited cookware and need to get the job done without taking a long time. Question is: Can I make enough gravy for these men in my Rival roaster oven 22qt and if so...will the 22qt be enough for 160 men or will I have to make 2 batches.

Thank you very much for your help and the site.

ellen
06/17/10
No, you need at least 3 roasters, as they should only hold 12 quarts each, which is 50- 60 servings.

You can fry out the sausage the day before and keep in the fridge overnight.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design