Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Cherry Ambrosia Cheese Ball Recipe?
Roz
08/08/07
Can anyone give me a recipe for a "Cherry Ambrosia Cheese Ball" ??

Thanks!!

ellen
08/09/07
There are several ways to make this. I use sour cherry preserves, which are available at shops that carry European or Middle Eastern jams, mashed with cream cheese and a bit of almond extract and rolled in freshly toasted sliced or slivered almonds. I usually make a roll because I like more almonds per bite. It is pink and pretty with bits of cherry as you spread.
How much cherry and cream cheese depends a little on how syrupy the cherries are, but about 3 tablespoons of preserves per 8 ounces of cream cheese and about a half teaspoon of pure almond extract are a good start.
There is a mix available for this from "Tastefully Simple". Some folks use a little shredded tangerine in their recipe.
Glenda
03/27/09
What do you serve with this cheese ball? (crackers, what type?)
ellen
03/27/09
Water crackers, triscuit or wheat thin, flatbread, sesame crackers, not very sweet plain cookies (there is a Japanese sesame cracker/cookie that is fabulous), plain chocolate wafer cookies: almost any one that is not savory/ oniony/ garlicky or salty.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design