See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Heavy appetizers for 150
Karen Davis
01/07/20
Hello Ellen and I hope your holiday was great!!! I am doing another heavy appetizer party for our schools auction to raise money for scholarships for the kids. It is being held at 5:00 PM on a Saturday and will include only adults, no drinking and right now is 150 attendees. I have plenty of help and a large kitchen. I will premake what I can and freeze and reheat.
I am having 11 bistro tables set around the larger tables that will have silent auction items on them.
This is what I am thinking for the appetizers:11 stations with 225 pcs each ( I am planning on 1 1/2 apps per station per person) for a total of about 2500 pcs.
Open faced chicken Parmesan sandwiches topped with Ricotta sprinkles
Crispy ravioli w/ a spicy Alfredo drizzle on a stick
BBQ Pulled pork bruschetta with a crispy onion topping
Mini bacon and cheese balls served on pretzel sticks
Cheesy corn dog mini muffins with a Chili verde glaze
Mini spaghetti cups with a meatball on a stick
Tea sized egg salad sandwiches and deviled ham sandwiches
Taquitos served in a 5 oz cup with layered Mexican dip
Goat cheese & honey on a sweet cracker topped w/ pecans
Wonton cup with shrimp dip (like Shrimp wantons)
What think you Maestro?
ellen
01/12/20
Hi, Karen, is this the more or less final?

Be sure NOT to use peanut oil for frying.

10-12 pieces is plenty for an hour and a half.

Do consider easing up on yourself with antipasto veg- marinated mushrooms, cauliflower, olives, etc as part of the choice.

And maybe some fruit?

One starchy dish such as a tricolor pasta salad or asian noodle salad instead of one of the cuties would not be out of order.

Maybe just do the meatballs with no spaghetti cups.

Make it a little easier on yourself and your volunteers so everyone can enjoy it.

Looking forward to hearing back on this thread.

Karen
01/16/20
Ellen nothing is ever final for me!!! I am trying all these out on a smaller scale (14 people) for a Greek Valentine's dinner on Feb 6th so will tweak as needed. I have asked the guys that attended last year if they would want something like the antipasto veges or the pasta salad and they unanimously said NO!!! I enjoy doing this so it is not a problem at all.
If I get rid of anything it will be the raviolis I think. I have already breaded 240 pieces and frozen them but I can always find people at church that will take them off my hands if I decide not to offer them.
I thank you once again for your enormous help and words when it comes to my functions. You are amazing!!!!
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)