See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

women's luncheon
marilyn miller
01/08/19
Our food committee is making a luncheon for approx. 150 women. The meal is a marinated pork loin with a blackberry dressing, green salad and pasta salad. We are also serving a relish tray of dill and sweet pickles, black olives and pickled baby beets. My question is regarding how many of the relish items should I allow or pounds to purchase? This will be served on the buffet table along with the other food. Thanks.
ellen
01/14/19
Dear Marilyn, for some reason he response wen o cyber never never land. I apologize.

First a BIG caution; for 150 people, at least a dozen (sometimes many more) will not eat meat or will not eat pork. Can you do turkey breast or chicken, similar dressing, instead plus a crock pot of a vegetarian alternative such as quorn unchicken bites or field roast veggie "sausages"? Otherwise, very important to have one of your side dishes be an entree alternative, or you will have guests with nothing to eat.

For 100 people I do 1 gallon each pickles and olives and 2 gallons assorted pickled veg- definitely NOT all beets.

Hope this is timely, as I was somewhat delayed by a family emergency. You can write back. If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a dime per guest, to support this site. Thank you.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)