See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Wedding non-alcholic beverages for 300
Allie
05/31/16
Hello Ellen,

I am having a wedding reception outside in CA next weekend for 270 people, from 4:30pm - 10:00pm. We are having beer, wine, & margaritas. Also, a non-alcoholic beverage table.

I need help calculating how much non-alcoholic beverages to get. We want to serve iced tea, lemonade, punch, coffee & water.

We will have water at the tables: 27 tables, 10 seats per table, each one with a water glass. We will have filled water pitchers at the tables plus a water dispenser at the beverage table. We have to buy all our water, because there is no drinking water available on site. We will also need the water for mixing the lemonade and iced tea.

So, How many gallons of each beverage do we need for this many people?

Water - 100 gallons? (includes mixing quantity)

Iced Tea - 12 gallons?

Lemonade - 12 gallons?

Coffee - 1 pound?

Punch - 12 gallons?

ellen
06/01/16
For drinking water only, figure a pint per person, 5 gallons will serve 40+.

Coffee, 1 pound makes 300 ounces (just 50 servings), which is just shy of 10 quarts or 2 1/2 gallons. I would not make less than 150 servings unless it is a very young crowd, especially with alcohol being served; I would make at least 100 with dessert and 150 for the last hour of the party. In California, the host is legally responsible if a party guest leaves drunk and has an accident. Plan ahead.

Iced tea, lemonade and punch, this is a long party; figure a quart total per person, this is about 60 gallons total, you divide up according to your own estimate of the crowd; most every adult will have about a pint of tea, cup each of the others; kids will be thirsty but won't want tea.

Now it's my turn to ask a favor of you. EllensKitchen.com is remodeling and I want to provide the changes YOU (my readers) have been asking for. So after 18 years of supporting my readers as a hobby, I'm asking you for help
We're 10% of the way to our goal for the next three months. If you're able to donate even just $5, please click on the masthead at the top of the page to visit www.EllensBigPots.com and keep us cooking for another year!

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)