See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

100 year celebration open house
Terrie
04/27/16
I've been asked to prepare finger foods for a 2 hour open house. The menu is as follows:
stuffed mushrooms
chicken bites
meatballs
bruschetta
Italian kabobs (olives, tomatoes, mozzarella and salami)
deviled potatoes
veggie pizza
vegetable trays
fruit and cheese trays

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how much I am going to need of everything! It's mainly going to be a lot of older women and the hours are from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. They are expecting around 200 people. Any suggestions on quantities would be greatly appreciated!

ellen
04/28/16
It will be about 12 "bites" per person for the two hours. This is more choices than usually done for 100, so you will likely have some left overs.

stuffed mushrooms-2 per person
chicken bites-2 per person
meatballs- 10 pounds small, with 3 quarts sauce
bruschetta- 2 per person
Italian kabobs (olives, tomatoes, mozzarella and salami)- 3 for each 2 people
deviled potatoes-2 per person
veggie pizza (not necessary) do squares, consider doing white or marguerita, 3 squares each 2 people
vegetable trays, consider doing a classic relish tray with just a bit of fresh raw- see the veggie tray page
www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/appesalad.html

fruit and cheese trays- 3/4 the deluxe tray for 100 on the fruit tray page would be plenty
www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/fruit100.html

About 8 pounds of good cheeses, some could be logs or spreads, and 6 pounds of crackers- don't open last 2 till you see how it is going

You can write back. For years, I've been helping make weddings & other large events a success and I've loved every minute. Now I need to ask for your help in return. We've got major changes in the works to remodel EllensKitchen.com and in order to fund the new website, better searches and more help for your events, we need to raise nearly $20,000 within the next three months. To make a gift, just click on the masthead at the top of the page- even if you can only afford $5-$10, every donation matters. Help me keep helping you!

ellen
04/28/16
By the way,for mid-afternoon ladies, you might consider switching out one or two savories for sweet.
Terrie
05/02/16
Thanks for the great advice! I love your site and have donated in the past and will get a donation to you in a couple weeks! Your site is always the place I turn to for advice. In most instances I don't even need to ask a question I just browse some of the topics that are related to what I need but when I have asked a question you have always replied promptly and been such a huge help! I appreciate that!!
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)