See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Wedding reception planning to feed 250 people
Mary
05/28/15
I have found this sight very helpful but need some advise. I am planning a baked potato bar and salad bar to serve at my daughters reception. The meats I plan to serve are diced chicken breast, diced ham, real bacon bits and ground beef with taco seasoning. I am unsure of quantity of meats to cook and if I should have the same amount for each meat or greater amount of certain kinds. Keep in mind they may use meat on potato and salad.
ellen
05/29/15
With this selection of meats, many people will take some of several. I assume you will also have shredded cheese, butter, sour cream, maybe chopped broccoli or peas?

Consider doing thin sliced chicken instead of cubed, both for looks and for the texture variation from the ham and chili.

chicken breast, 1 pound raw boneless per 6-8
diced ham, 1 pound boneless per 10
real bacon bits, about 4 cups per 100. If you make from scratch and break yourself, it will take 6-8 pounds per 100. Bake, don't fry.
ground beef with taco seasoning, about 8 pounds lean raw per 100. If you use regular, go 10.

Write back if you need toIf this saves you time, trouble or money, please make a donation, a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Thank you.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)