See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

wedding for 150
Carmen
05/07/15
Im having my family cook for my wedding for 150 people.
We are looking to have roasted red potatoes, green beans, leaf salad, pasta salad. For the meats I wanted to have roast beef and baked chicken. How much of each would I need to fee 150 people and to have some left overs?
ellen
05/08/15
roasted red potatoes, 30-35 pounds per 100
green beans, 24 pounds per 100 or 4 #10 cans per 100
leaf salad, use the plan for 100 page, do 1 1/2 the times for 100
pasta salad, 5 pounds dry pasta per 100plus add ins.

roast beef, using Italian beef/ pot roast type thing, 2 pounds raw boneless per 5
baked chicken, about 120 pieces

Carmen, a self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area serves about 100 guests.

You are going to need about 3 people in the kitchen, 8-10 people to set up, serve and clean up this party. Some will not be able to attend the wedding, they will be working.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a dime per guest, to support this site. Thank you.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)