See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

spiral ham
Debbie
02/13/15
We are doing a brunch for 150 ladies & serving finger foods first then 1 hr. later a sit down brunch with egg casserole (2 muffin size per person) cheese potatoes, fruit slices (cantaloupe, strawberries), now the QUESTION: how much ham to serve each lady & how many spiral hams?? Thanks
ellen
02/13/15
Expect 1 pound ham to serve 6 ladies, 2 ounces approx. Nice menu, consider having a couple dozen vegetarian sausages for any non-pork eaters.
Debbie
02/17/15
egg casserole
We were planning on serving egg casserole in muffin size portions for 200 ladies at our church brunch however I am very concerned about how to warm them if we make them the day before?
Or should we just make them in 9x13 pans, the morning of or the night before. Help- this question is making me nuts. We do have a commercial size warmer that has racks inside & we do have a steam table also. Thanks
ellen
02/17/15
I have never had a lot of luck with reheated egg casserole. However, many recipes allow you to mix and pan day before, bake day of, and serve fresh. That is what I would do. 20-24 pans,depending on what else is being offered, fruit, yogurt, etc.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)