See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Baking Sliced Ham
Sheryl
01/12/15
Ellen I need your help please. This Thursday I have to do a memorial dinner for 50-60 people. They want baked ham slices. I know how much to purchase my problem is I need a good recipe for baking sliced ham. I have been to many events that they served ham slices and it was dry. I don’t want that for my main course. I looked at many recipe and they called for pineapple and water or something on that order. Is there a recipe out there that will help me out? Thank you so much. Sheryl
Sheryl
01/12/15
Ellen I need your help please. This Thursday I have to do a memorial dinner for 50-60 people. They want baked ham slices. I know how much to purchase my problem is I need a good recipe for baking sliced ham. I have been to many events that they served ham slices and it was dry. I don’t want that for my main course. I looked at many recipe and they called for pineapple and water or something on that order. Is there a recipe out there that will help me out? Thank you so much. Sheryl
ellen
01/13/15
If I were doing this, I would purchase whole spiral sliced hams and reheat to package instructions, after butcher wrapping in foil with some liquid inside. See my article.

www.ellenskitchen.com/turkey/reheat.html#reheatham

You need 20-24 pounds boneless if this is the only meat on the buffet.

Sheryl
01/13/15
Thank you Ellen. I wanted to do spiral but the person I'm doing it for wanted rolled ham. I did order 24 pounds and had them slice a little bit thicker then normal. Just picked them up and they look really well for a dinner. Oh and yes this is the only meat to be served. Thank you again for your help.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)