See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Please help me feed 80
Tina Martin
10/19/14
My husband kindly volunteered me to cook for our sons' football team. He said I'd do hot dogs, hamburgers and a fry fish. This will be an outside event on a charcoal grill and a gas deep fryer. Can anyone help me with a food list, amounts, side recommendations and so on. I know I'll be shopping at Sams Club for all of this.I just wanna do it right and make sure I have enough. Thanks all
ellen
10/21/14
Deep frying outdoors for many people is difficult and not very safe. You have both menu altering rights and dope slapping rights. Please, skip the fish!

Second, a grilling party for 80 requires about 8 people to set up, cook, serve and clean up the party. It is DH's job to supply you with the necessary bodies!!!

Assuming you have graciously agreed to feed 80 hungry folks:

80 burgers
80 hot dogs (I just did a full answer on party hot dogs, read this for ideas and tips, you would need about 1/2:
ellenskitchen.com/forum/messages/49645.html
Buns to suit
you need the crock pot of veggie dogs or veggie burgers for any non meat eaters. Field roast, Boca Burgers, Morningstar, all reliable brands
Toppings for burgers are on the sandwich page on this site
4 gallons potato salad
3 gallons cole slaw
2 gallons mac/pasta salad
1 pound chips per 12, 1 pint dip or salsa per pound
2 quarts olives
2-3 quarts pickles
suggest fruit trays and if possible watermelon, see fruit tray page
Consider picking up cherry tomatoes, a gallon of gardiniera and a jar each of their marinated mushrooms and artichoke hearts to make some adult salad on the side.

dessert see the dessert planning page. A sheet cake serves 60; cookies/bars, 1 of each flavor per person, up to 4 types

Beverages, soda plans, see the beverage planning page

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a dime or quarter per guest, to support this site. Maybe take it out of DH's fun money...

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)