See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

How many pounds not ounces
Mary
07/23/14
It would be easier for me to figure out how much lunch meat & cheese to buy if it was by pounds. You mention 2 to 3 ounces of meat or cheese per person, which at my age my math skills are null and void. If I am serving 25 to 30 people, a combination of ham, hard salami, American and Swiss cheese to make sandwiches,how many pounds of each should I buy and how many hard rolls? I guess I should also mention I am serving lasagne rolls, tossed salad, and desserts which may or may not reduce the amount sandwiches eaten. This party is Saturday July 26, 2014. If possible might I receive a reply by July 24 or 25. Thank you for your time and much needed help!! Mary
ellen
07/24/14
Mary, the sandwich page has pounds for 100, meats, cheeses, bread/rolls. and condiments, so you would use about 1/4 to 1/3 that depending on whether it is really 25, or something over 30. Here is the link:

ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/sandwich100.html#quantities

With your other items, 1/4 should be enough. 2/3 ham, 1/3 hard salami; but consider doing 1/2 turkey and 1/4 each ham and salami, as many folks are limiting salt these days.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)