See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Fruit/Veggie/Cheese Platters
Amanda
06/29/14
I am making fruit, veggie, and cheese platters for 185 people. Fruit will consist of grapes (green & red), watermelon, strawberries, blueberries & pineapple. Veggies will include cauliflower, baby carrots, celery hearts, cherry tomatoes and peppers. Cheese will be cheddar and monterey jack.

I'm not sure how much I need of everything. I've looked at your pages on this matter but am not sure how much to reduce the numbers by for serving all three types of trays and the fact that these will be appetizers that will be out for about an hour before serving the main course. Can you please help send me in the right direction?

ellen
06/29/14
Yes.
Do 1 pound of cheese for each 12 people.
Do 6 pounds of crackers for each 100 people.

Use the veggie tray page to plan 4-6 bites of veggies and about 1 cup of dip per 12-15 people. You select the assortment, allowing 3 tomatoes per 2 people and 2 carrots per person, and the rest up to you.

Use the fruit tray page to plan 4-6 pieces of fruit per person including 2 small strawberries per person, or 3 large per 2 people.

This will be plenty, maybe some left, depending on how hungry they are to start with. If it saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a small donation to support the site. Thanks.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)