See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

DIY Wedding Reception
Nervous Bride
05/07/14
Hi Ellen,

I've scored your pages and was wondering if you would mind looking over my menu for my 11:30 a.m. wedding reception? We are serving approximately 80 guests. 20 pounds of spiral sliced ham (bone out); 12 pounds of cocktail meatballs (approximately 320); black bean and corn salad (to serve 50); pasta salad (to serve 40); 3 pounds of mango salsa, fresh guacamole (made with 15 avocados); 2 9 x 13 of 7 layer dip (don't ask---groom's request!0; 6 pounds of cheese on board; 3 pounds strawberries & 3 pounds grapes; 120 Hawaiian rolls; 4 pounds of crackers; 4 pounds of blue tortilla chips along with the cake and frosted sugar cookies. Also, 1 quart of honey mustard for the rolls. Please tell me that I'm at least close! Thank you so much for looking over my menu!

ellen
05/07/14
Doing excellently! You might increase the bread to 2 per person and definitely increase the pasta salad to 1 serving per person- your menu is not starchy and most people will take some- or add 2 1/2 gallons of potato salad. Increase chips to 5 -6 pounds since you have gauc, salsa, and 7 layer. Suggest 2 strawberries per person and 1 pound grapes per 12-15. Maybe 2 pounds more of cheese, could be logs or spreads. At least 1 1/2 gallons corn/bean. The guac will run out- it always does. You will need about 3 quarts of sauce for the meatballs

Good work. Lucky groom.

Nervous Bride
05/07/14
Thank you so much! Huge help! Will definitely donate as you've requested on other posts---your site has been a God-send for me. I kinda like thinking I'm the lucky bride!
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)