See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

March Wedding for 100
mARY
02/23/14
Hi, I am have a wedding at my home and we are having 100 guest. Since we are southern Louisiana all of our guest are big fans of my southern cooking. I am seving Jamalya with crawfish, chicken, shripm and sausage. This is a pretty protien hearty meal. My question is how much or how many trays will I need to prepare.
ellen
02/23/14
So funny this should come up, it was just 2 days ago that the first jambalaya request in years came through!

When I make shrimp jambalaya for 100 people, I use about 13 pounds of shrimp, 18 pounds of ham, 11 pounds of rice, 15 pounds onions, 2 pounds each celery and bell peppers, plus the seasonings. This should help you multiply your own favorite recipe. Just remember NOT to multiply the salt straight; double for the first two multiplications, but only add 1/2 the amount for the additions. For example, if your recipe usually serves 12, you need to multiply 8 times for amounts; but you would do only 1+1+1/2+1/2+1/2+1/2+1/2+1/2= 5 times the salt in the multiplied recipe.
Laissez le bon temps roulez.

Maybe a meatless stuffed pepper with rice and veggies would be a meatless entree alternative that would go along with this meal? I would do about 2 dozen.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)