See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

120-150 people including children
monica
03/20/13
i am planning to have a wedding buffet but i dont know what food to have dinner will be at 8pm,i would like to do some of the cooking just don't know what can be done ahead how much food i need what ever i can do ahead would be great to cut cost and the rest i would have catered,i am also having veggie tray and cheese and crackers,pepperoni,i would also like to cook pork shoulders how early can they be cooked the wedding is in the end of july.
ellen
03/20/13
Monica, pulled pork can be frozen in sauce for about a month.

If that is your menu, you are headed in a BBQ direction, you can go hot with beans, rice or potatoes; or cold with slaw, rolls, pasta or potato salad, etc. How much help do you have and what kind of kitchen?

monica
03/20/13
its pork shoulders baked in the oven to go along with rice and beans,spanish style,so i don't know what other foods to have,and i was thinking about mini meatballs and oven baked bbq chicken wings for appt along with the veggir and cheese and cracker trays or is that too much
ellen
03/20/13
OK, you need a really good green vegetable- 22 pounds ready to cook per 100- for the dinner. A spiced fruit such as spiced apple or peach, makes a nice accompaniment.

Just meatballs would be fine- three things are plenty- 1 pound per 5 plus sauce. I would definitely have either fruit trays or the spiced fruit.

monica
03/23/13
ok this is what i was planning on serving a veggie tray and cheese and crackers and pepperoni,then rice and beans pork shoulder chk breast roasted red potatoes,steamed veggie rolls butter salad and maybe a pasta,do think that is good if a do have a pasta what do think is good.
ellen
03/23/13
If you do a baked pasta, make it meatless- for the people who don't eat pork.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)