See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Signature Drink at Wedding
Susan
10/14/12
How do I figure out how much to buy and make for a wedding of 100 that will be served in glass beverage decanters. Should I make a lemonade ice ring too?
Recipe - 1 part Vodka
1 1/2 parts Sweet Tea
1 1/2 parts Fresh made Lemonade
Thank you!
ellen
10/14/12
Please tell me what other beverages are being served.

Also, this is a "knock 'em on their butts" level of alcoholic. Will you bride consider adding 1/4 to 1/3 lemon lime soda (7 up) or soda water?

Susan
10/15/12
Thank you for responding! The other beverages being served is Beer, Red & White Wine, Iced Tea and Lemon Water. Yes, we did a taste testing and found that we will want the alcoholic content to be reduced by 1/4 to 1/2. That is a good idea to add a carbonated soda too! If that is the case, how do I adjust the "recipe"?
ellen
10/15/12
To adjust the alcohol, add one 2 liter of gingerale or soda for every fifth of vodka- or 2 1/2 2 liters for every half gallon- that is about 2 1/2 soda in your formula above. With ice in the glasses, that will be about right.

OK for the signature drink, figure 12 ounces per person plus ice. That's 2 glasses. Using the soda formula, one half gallon of vodka will make about 3 1/2 gallons of punch=14 quarts=about 40 guests.

If this saves you time trouble or money, consider making a donation to support the site.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)