See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Baby Shower
Sabreena
08/11/12
Hey Ellen. I'm planning my baby shower in September, starting around 2pm, I've invited a little over 100 people, expecting only 40-60 show, but not sure since I haven't gotten all my RSVPs back yet and don't expect to. It'll be mostly females, some children, I'm expecting maybe 5-20 kids, realistically, and 40-75 people.

As of right now we have a menu of Tortellini Salad, Fruit Salad, Crescent Vegetable Pizza, Ham Tortilla Roll-ups, Cheesy Potatoes, and two miniature sandwich styles: Ham and Cheese sandwich bake and a Shredded Chicken BBQ with slaw on the side. We also 2 10inch tiered cakes, (10inch bottom, 8inch top) lined up so far, with a possibility of someone else wanting to make a separate flavor of cupcakes.

I've never planned a party in my life. Does this sound like an ok selection of food? Is there anything I should expect (that I can't read on the Cook Talk pages) in reference to serving sizes? Me and my mom will be making all the food at home. Thanks ahead of time.

ellen
08/11/12
Tortellini Salad, 1/3 cup per person
Cheesy Potatoes, 1/2 cup per person, see the recipe at the end of the family brunch page

Fruit Salad, 1 pound per 5

Crescent Vegetable Pizza,
Ham Tortilla Roll-ups,
Ham and Cheese sandwich bake
Shredded Chicken BBQ with slaw on the side.
One piece of each per person

2 10inch tiered cakes, (10inch bottom, 8inch top) lined up so far,
If these are just single layers, it is only about 16 servings each

ellen
08/11/12
Smaller showers are more fun, maybe you want to split this into 2 days?
Sabreena
08/11/12
No way to, unfortunately. Plus the bulk of the people that should be coming are from one side of the family. :) But I definitely appreciate all the input, it'll help me out a lot! Thank you so much.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)