See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Graduation party of approx 50 ppl
Tammy
06/18/12
I am having a Graduation party consisting of about 50 ppl (about 20 of those are kids). I am trying to determine what to make and how much. My idea is: Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Potato Salad, Pasta Salad, Beans, Chips, Fruit & Cake; as well as bottled waters and sodas. Is this a good variety for a Graduation Party? How much of each should I make?
Tammy
06/18/12
I am having a Graduation party consisting of about 50 ppl (about 20 of those are kids). I am trying to determine what to make and how much. My idea is: Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Potato Salad, Pasta Salad, Beans, Chips, Fruit & Cake; as well as bottled waters and sodas. Is this a good variety for a Graduation Party? How much of each should I make?
Tammy
06/18/12
Also, I will be coming from Michigan to California to make this party by cooking in my friends kitchen. So, I don't want alot of food left over.....a little is okay....
ellen
06/19/12
Tammy, instead of hamburgers and hot dogs, what about meatball subs and Italian sausage and peppers? More special and can be made ahead.

Meatballs- 1 pound per 4, 1 quart sauce per 2 pounds
Sausage-1 pound per 4, equal weight peppers and onions
1 pound rolls per 5
sandwich condiments per the sandwich page, 1/2 the amount for 100

Potato Salad, 15-20 pounds raw potatoes
Pasta Salad, 3 pounds dry pasta
Beans, 1 1/2 gallons (6 #10 cans)
Chips, 1 pound per 10, 3 cups dip per pound
Fruit- see fruit tray page
Cake- full sheet or two layer half sheet

Tammy
06/23/12
Hi Ellen
I think I will stick with hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, pasta salad, beans, fruit, chips, water, soda, cake.
Can you tell me how much of each I would need to feed about 40-50 people (approx 20 are kids).
Thanks.
ellen
06/23/12
Plan on 1 burger per person plus 10% plus about 4o dogs- do consider switching to Polish sausage or kielbasa, much tastier.
Tammy
06/23/12
Thank you! If I do polish sausage and hot dogs, would you do 40 total? Would 2 cases of water and 1 case of soda be enough?
ellen
06/23/12
Check the beverage planning page- do 1/2 of 100. If a case is 24 the water is OK unless they are the really small bottles.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)