See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Alcohol for 100
Nikeya
03/07/12
Out of my 100 guest, I am absolutely positive that 50 people are drinkers. There are also about 10 that i am not so sure about. How much of each should i provide?
Bacardi Pre-mixed Bahama Mama
Moscoto Wine
Smirnoff Vodka
Corona Beer
ellen
03/07/12
What kind of party, how long will it last, and what foods are being served?
Nikeya
03/08/12
Wedding Reception
6:30-10:30
Menu

One Choice of Entrée
Honey Glazed Ham
Turkey
Hawaiian Chicken

Two Choices of Sides
Green Beans
Asparagus
Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Broccoli Casserole

Beverages
Lemonade
Peach Punch
Sweet Tea
Bahama Mama
Moscato
Vodka
Corona Beer

ellen
03/09/12
OK. Your drinkers will have about 4 drinks each, so the challenge is to divide up the choices so you have enough of everything.

First, consider not serving the vodka. If you do, you have to have mixers and a bartender, and it is very easy for heavy drinkers to drink more than you would like.

For the beer, estimate the number of beer drinkers and allow a 6-pack each. This should give you a little extra.

Is the moscato for a toast as well as drinking? 2 cases for a toast. 3 additional cases for drinkers- buy from a store where you can return unopened bottles. Consider adding 1 case of a blush wine, or merlot or pinot noir.

For the Bahama Mama, consider serving punch style
Bahama Mama Punch- about 50 small glasses, 25 single tall drinks
46 ounce can unsweetened pineapple juice
12 ounce orange juice concentrate, mixed to regular strength
1 26 oz. Caruba Rum (dark)
1 26 oz. Coconut Rum liquor
3 cups grenadine

Some folks also add a little coffee liquor or some lemon or lime juice. You could mix a couple of small batches and do a taste test.

Mix all the punch ahead and chill thoroughly. In the punch bowl, add lots of ice. Decorate with orange slices and maraschino cherries.

Amount is tricky- allow 1 small per person for everyone, then 3 more for the non-beer -drinkers

Badu
07/31/12
Alcohol for 500
I want to make a vodka lemonade and I need to know how much vodka to buy
ellen
07/31/12
What kind of party, age of party goers, how long is the party, and what other beverages are being served? More info, please.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)