Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Help with food quantities for a bike rally
Gerald Richard
01/16/12
Dear Ellen, I am looking to vend at a biker rally in Red River New Mexico. The attendance was 30,000 last year. The event is 5 days of 11 hour days and the last day is 4 hours. I was thinking of sausage native to Louisiana, I have a connection for purchasing. I thought of 2 different types of sausage to grill. Each type of sausage comes 5 to a package. I was also thinking of frying boudin balls which come 9 to a package. For the morning I was thinking of making beignets and coffee. I am not sure how to calculate for this event. I would really appreciate your help.
ellen
01/16/12
Gerald, this is a site for family and volunteer cooks, not paid pros. You can post at these pro sites:

chef2chef.com
cheftalk.com

If you have never deep-fried at an event, I will tell you it is the messiest and most dangerous type cooking in large amounts.

gerald
01/20/12
Thank you Ellen fo rthe site adresses. This is my first go round. Thanks for the advice on frying I appreciate you. Have a nice evening.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design