Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Wedding for 140
Marco
08/28/11
We are planning a wedding for 140 people. We have had no luck finding a caterer with food that we feel comfortable with. Being first generation American with almost every other one of my family members being from Italy, finding suitable Italian food from a catering co is very difficult. We have decided to make our own food and have a company handle the service. We just need to know how much to make. Below is our menu, please help us with the qty of large pans per item.

Antipasto:
Cheese Tray
Fruit Tray
Bruschetta

Entrees:
Sausage and Peppers
Chicken (Marsala or Parm) or Eggplant Parm
Baked pasta

Sides:
Salad
Bread

ellen
08/29/11
I can't do "large pans", they vary too much in size and depth. Here are the amounts:

We are planning a wedding for 140 people. We have had no luck finding a caterer with food that we feel comfortable with. Being first generation American with almost every other one of my family members being from Italy, finding suitable Italian food from a catering co is very difficult. We have decided to make our own food and have a company handle the service. We just need to know how much to make. Below is our menu, please help us with the qty of large pans per item.

Antipasto:
Cheese Tray- 14-18 pounds per 100 plus 6 pounds crackers per 100
Fruit Tray- see the fruit tray page, do 1 1/2 times the deluxe fruit tray for 100
Bruschetta- 3 pieces per person

Entrees:
Sausage and Peppers 1 pound sausge per 5, equal weight of peppers
Chicken (Marsala or Parm)1 pound raw boneless chicken per 4
Eggplant Parm- do this in addition to the chicken, it is a needed veg and will be an ientree for any vegetarians. Do about 70 servings, then cut small
Baked pasta- 10-12 pounds per 100

Sides:
Salad- see the plan for 100 page for various salads. The classic relish tray on the veggie tray page would be very nice with this menu, I might do 1 1/2 the tray and salad for just 100.
Bread- 12-14 pounds per 100

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design