Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Sandwhiches for 300 people
Denise
07/25/11
Hi Ellen,

I need to be prepared for 300 people visiting a Health Fair. We want to serve flat bread or pita bread open face sandwiches that would contain 2 slices of tomato and slices of cucumber and onion with a bit of dressing on top. I have checked out all of your info. but need to know how thick your tomato slices are on your sandwiches. 12 to 14 lbs. does not sound like a lot per 100 people. Since there is not much to our sandwiches I want the tomato slices to be substantial. What should I do.

Thank you

ellen
07/25/11
Hi, Denise,
This is a pretty slim sandwich. I would plan on about 20 pounds of tomatoes per 100, and I would try to persuade your fellow decision-makers to either add 3 ounces of crumbled cheese (feta would be an excellent choice) or tofu salad (see the Clear light page), or at least a richly cheesy or nutty butter dressing. Your diners need some protein.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design