Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Beach Wedding Buffet
Heidi
07/09/11
I need help with quantities for a 200 person buffet. We will be serving a roasted pig and brisket for proteins (the protein quantity size is already taken care of). What I really need help with is the rest.
Can you suggest how many pounds I will need for each of the following?:
- Hummus and Dip with vegetables, various cheeses and crackers for an appetizer served for an hour before buffet is served.
- Along with the proteins I would like a vegetarian option of quinoa with roasted vegetables.
- Sides: Potato Salad, Pasta Salad, and Coleslaw
- Variety of rolls
- Fruit Platters with Pineapple, Apples, Grapes and various berries
ellen
07/09/11
Hummus and Dip with vegetables, 1/3 cup hummus per person, 3 ounces dippers including veggies and crackers of some kind, or pita
various cheeses and crackers- 12 pounds cheese and 6 pounds crackers per 100 is minimum- could go more
- Along with the proteins I would like a vegetarian option of quinoa with roasted vegetables.
Thoughtful, but I would do roasted marinated tofu, rather than a grain like quinoa with the roasted veggies- better protein, you have other starches
- Sides: Potato Salad, 4 gallons per 100
Pasta Salad, 3 gallons per 100
and Coleslaw 3 gallons per 100
- Variety of rolls- 2 per person unless very large, 3 pounds butter per 100
- Fruit Platters with Pineapple, Apples, Grapes and various berries- see fruit tray page

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design