Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
dessert time limits
Faye
07/06/11
I am doing a dessert bar for a wedding and have a variation of desserts ranging from cookies to mini cheesecakes. My question is how long can the mini cheesecake, mousse & strawberry shortcake sit out? The wedding & reception are in the same place with the wedding starting at 4:30. What would you recommend for a set up time?
ellen
07/06/11
From manufacture, a maximum of 4 hours at room temp for all at risk foods. That means you count even the time driving home from the store, unless they are in a cooler. Plus all the out of fridge transport, handling and setting time.

Strawberry shortcake doesn't sit well at all. Soggy soggy. So, how about diners assemble their own?

I would not set at risk foodsout from the fridge until the ceremony started (you are not planning on attending the ceremony, right?)

I would have something like cheese platters with tehse desserts. This is VERY late for an afternoon dessert only reception and too early for an evening dessert only reception.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design