Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Baby Shower for 5o females next weekend
Jeannie
06/12/11
I am hosting a luncheon baby shower with 50 female guests. My menu includes baked ziti, baked mac n cheese, meatballs and lunch meat for sandwiches. I will have a small amt of chips/pretzels out for before the guest of honor arrives and cake afterwards. How much ziti and mac n cheese do you recommend I prepare?
ellen
06/12/11
Jeannie, this is an unusually heavy menu for a shower. What other items are offered? Would you consider a few modifications? Write back.
Jeannie
06/12/11
The shower is for my daughter (who LOVES my mac n cheese and cover the few kids, so I don't want to eliminate that)...I was planning to make the ziti and mac n cheese using 3 or 4lbs of pasta each, 2/3 meatballs per person (to go with the ziti) and some lunch meat for sandwiches (to go with the mac n cheese). The only other food I will have is a very small amt. of chips /pretzels and the cake at the end. This will be about a 4 hr event, so I'll have good spacing between. However, I would like to hear your recommendation please...Thanks!
ellen
06/12/11
Hi, Jeannie,

I understand about loving mac and cheese.

With 50 guests, you only need a total of 6 pounds cooked pasta (makes 6-7 9x13).

So I would do the mac and cheese, but add fruit trays (see the fruit tray page- 2 of the 25's or 1/2 of the 100), deli style sandwich trays for sandwiches or sides (or do the meatballs for part of the meats, but for meatball sandwiches), sandwich fixings. Some kind of salad- marinated beans or veggies, or a salad that keeps (see my "salads that hold"). A nice punch along with iced tea.

You will need about 4 pounds of bites and chips for 50.

Jeannie Snyder
06/12/11
Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it very much...I will check out the sandwiches. Yes, Punch is part of the menu. Thanks for the tip on the chips/pretzels! I'm all set now...just need to do the cooking on Friday night. Thanks again!

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design