Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Brunch
lindsey
05/04/11
I am having a Brunch wedding and serving Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's... we will have a Champagne fountain with juice pitchers (peach, grapefruit, orange) as well as a make your own Bloody Mary bar... I was wondering how much of each liquor, mixer, and bloody mary garnishes I should buy for 150 people. Thanks!
ellen
05/04/11
OK. Buy the liquor where you can return unopened. Count on 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of champagne per person (weddings tend higher). Equal amount juices, about 1/3 peach, 1/2 oj, rest grapefruit. Allow 4 1.5 liter bottles vodka. About as much tom juice as oj. This assumes you will serve with appies and brunch.
lindsey
05/04/11
yes ma'am! thanks! so 6 64oz bottle of my fave bloody mary mix will be ok? or should I get 12... also as far as fixings for the bloody's, you think a bottle of horseradish and a bottle of worcestershire will do me? what about olives, pickles, okra and celery? (I like a garden salad in my bloody! haha!)
ellen
05/05/11
6 liters makes 120 bloody mary's, so 12. Condiments and deco's to your taste, but yes, 1 bottle each H and w is fine. Okra is a new one on me...
ellen
05/05/11
You might want to premix the bloody Mary's; 1 quart mix to 1 1/2 cups vodka. A bit less likely to have besotted folks at brunch...
ellen
05/05/11
Also, see if yo can find Taste of Texas pickled okra, really crisp- delicious.
lindsey
05/17/11
yes! that is the okra i was talking about, it is so delicious! pre mixing is a great idea! Thank you so much for all your help!
lindsey
05/28/11
hi ellen! its me again... so i am premixing the bloody marys and we have a 3 gallon decanter to put them in... how many times would i need to have this refilled for 170 ppl? I wanted to go ahead and have the mary's mixed so the serving attendent would just have to pour it in when it got low....
ellen
05/28/11
Lindsey, how big are your glasses, they vary from 5 to 16 ounces... Make ahead only enough for 1 for half your guests, not everyone will do it.
cecil
11/08/11
Ellen,
I am having a brunch for 150 and serving blood mary's and mimosas along with coffee and juices. How many bottles of vodka and champagne should I buy? It will last about 2 hours.
ellen
11/08/11
Tough call, the split on these varies regionally. Buy the liquor where you can return it. Allow 8 ounces mixed bloody Mary plus 1 1/2 mimosas per person.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design