Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
3pm Low Budget Wedding Reception
Lee-Ann
04/16/11
Please Help Me. A family member is getting married, they have no $$$. They are planning on serving Thawed Out Frozen Veggies w/dip, Potato Chips, Wedding Cake (donated by church), & Sparkling Grape Cider. They are expecting 50 - 75 guests and hoping they will dance to CD's. I feel I need to help them, guests Will Not Stay for this reception and I am not made of money. Please Help with EZ and Inexpensive ideas. It is Greatly Appreciated! Thank You
ellen
04/16/11
OK, the best bet here is a dessert buffet, because you can start baking and freezing cookies and bars (brownies, etc) NOW and have a big assortment by the wedding day. Look online for cookies that freeze- most do, and many Christmas cookies do. You want to have 1 per person for about 6 different kinds.

You can make some cheese logs with cream cheese and small amounts of regular cheese- about 10 pounds would be right for this size crowd- and about 8-10 pounds of really good breads, sliced in baskets.

Skip the frozen veggies- ick- spend the money on fresh fruits (preferably) or veggies. Perhaps a local outlet does some mark down fruits? Or negotiate with some guests to donate a couple of watermelons and make fruit trays with watermelons, grapes, maybe strawberries.

Make them a good punch- see the punch thread- you need about 5 gallons.

ellen
04/16/11
This i. a nice thing you are doing. I have done the same.

A big tray of hummus is an option if you are in an area where it is popular.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design