Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
appitizers for afternoon wedding reception
dcarter
03/23/11
I am planning on doing my wedding reception myself with help from friends and family. The wedding is at 2:00pm. We're not really sure how many people will be there, but I'd like to prepare for 175-200. Here is what I'm planning to make/purchase:

wedding cookies: 480 count
cheese straws: 400 count
nuts: 2 - 96oz. cans mixed nuts
grapes: 20 lbs.
crackers: 12 lbs.
chicken salad: 3 gallons? not sure about the exact measurment. It's 6 batches of my recipe.
I'm also considering doing some chocolate covered pretzels and sausage balls - probably the same quantity as the cheese straws.

How does this sound to you?

ellen
03/23/11
The good news is, afternoon receptions use the least food.

This is a fine start, but it is very light, even for an afternoon reception. You also need to allow for the full 200 possible guests.

wedding cookies: 480 count- add second cookie, something with chocolate, same amount. If no cake, add additional 3rd bar or cookie, same amount
cheese straws: 400 count- either double or add sausage balls
nuts: 2 - 96oz. cans mixed nuts- need 12 pound
grapes: 20 lbs.- see fruit tray page. Do 1 1/2 times the deluxe tray for 100, this is not enough
crackers: 12 lbs.-OK have 2 pounds back just in case
chicken salad: 3 gallons? not sure about the exact measurement. It's 6 batches of my recipe. Need 6-7 gallons!
Add cheese trays or balls/logs, 25 pounds

I'm also considering doing some chocolate covered pretzels and sausage balls - probably the same quantity as the cheese straws. Both good and could be added.

Check out your beverages on the beverage planning page.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design