Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Pork Loin Ribs in Electric Roaster Oven
Dee
12/24/10
I would like to cook pork loin ribs in my electric roaster.How long do I cook and at what temp for 3 slabs at 3 lbs each? Do I put BBQ sauce on at the beginning or cook first and add it at the end?
I have cooked them in my crock pot for 8 hours on low. Would this be the same in the roaster?
ellen
12/24/10
No, it is more like a regular oven, unless you are planning to cook at 200 degrees (not the best way. You can even marinate overnight in the sauce. 3 slabs only takes a little longer (20 min?) than one. Hold at 165-180.
Dee
12/24/10
I have never cooked ribs in the oven. What temp do I put the roaster at? How long?
Do I put sauce on at beginning or end?
Thank so much for your help!
ellen
12/24/10
I suggest you go to the BBQ and brisket page and review the jerk rib recipe. It discusses marinating and sauce. You can use the roaster as your marinating and simmering/roasting pot, then finish by running the slabs under the broiler for about 5-10 minutes per side to get the good crispy/chewy outside bits. The roaster alone cooks VERY moist and is not the best for ribs.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design