Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
potato starch and flour
hope
11/16/10
Hi,
I am new here and to the gluten free world. I actually do not have celiac, I have psoriasis and my holistic healer wants me off gluten and nightshades.
So far, I am not feeling deprived and feel much better off of these two "food groups". The problem I am having though, is many mixes and premade foods have potato flour/starch. I am the type of cook who enjoys making things from scratch but im not sure what to do in recipes that call for potato? what flour/starch replaces this well?
Thanks for any help/advice! : )
Hope : )
ellen
11/16/10
Potato flour is hard to replace. My suggestion is to make your own mixes and to use the recipes in Bette Hagman's "The Gluten-free Gourmet Bakes" or the magazine "Living Without".
hope
11/16/10
I will check out those two sources. I saw on your site the different flour mixes...maybe i can figure something out with all 3? : )
Thanks again! : )

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design