Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
where to buy bulk ingredients
leah
08/27/10
Ellen, I need to know where I can by the bulk items for 200 for a wedding reception that I am doing myself with some help. You mention in one of your menues, around 18lbs per 100 for tortelini- not sure where I would get all that. also do you have any type of cost estimator broken down for the amounts of food?
ellen
08/27/10
I would use restaurant suppliers or wholesale grocers for those quantities. Some of the warehouse store do bulk quantities. You can't do a 200 person reception yourself "with some help"; for a meal, just for the day of, you need 3 people in the kitchen and 12 on the floor to set up, serve and clean up. See my wedding dinner article.

Pasta is a very difficult choice for a short-handed meal, unless it is a baked dish like lasagna or spaghetti pie.

I don't have a cost estimator because of the huge regional and seasonal variations in food and supply costs.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design