Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Caesar Salad as Main dish for 50
Heidi
04/26/10
I am planning to serve 50 ladies dinner. We are serving Caesar Salads with rolls. Yes, the Caesar salad will be the main dish. I see on your servers 100 page that you have Caesar salad as a side dish, but I am wondering how much I need since this is for the main dish. I plan to purchase bags of cut romaine lettuce (2 lb each). How many bags of lettuce do I need?
Also, we are going to have grilled, cubed chicken to go on the salad. How many chicken breasts do I need to grill and cube?
How much dressing, croutons, cheese, and rolls would you recommend? Thank-you for your advise!!
ellen
04/27/10
Is it self serve/ buffet service, or are you plating the salad? If you plate, you need to make about enough for 80 from my list (4/5 of 100). For your chicken, 1 pound raw boneless skinless for each 4-5 people. 2 good rolls each plus butter, 3 if they are not good size.
Heidi
04/27/10
It is going to be self serve/buffet service. How would that change the amount I need to plan? Thank-you!!!
ellen
04/27/10
They will use more chicken- 1 pound for 3-3 1/2, a little more cheese and more dressing, unless you mix the dressing into the lettuce before serving- and most ladies prefer to add their own dressing, and to have a low fat choice.
ellen
04/28/10
By the way, I would have a dish of chopped egg for the non-meat eaters in the group.
Heidi
04/30/10
Thank-you so much. This makes me feel better that we will not run out or purchase too much!! Thanks!!

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design